Barr Group is the world leader in training and consulting for embedded systems design. From medical devices to consumer electronics to toothbrushes, an increasing percentage of products have a computer and software embedded inside and an Internet connection to the outside world. Through its training and consulting services, Barr Group helps the engineers who design such products make them safer, more reliable, and more secure.
Our growing company is seeking a Sales Engineer - Training. The position requires technical experience and sales experience. We will train the right individual to perform the tasks required of this position. We are seeking a self-motivated individual with prior experience, a desire to learn, strong verbal and written communications skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced and always-changing environment.
- Sell embedded systems training services (public, private, on-site, custom) to engineers and engineering managers
- Cultivate new sales prospects and manage and expand existing customer relationships
- Prepare sales presentations and proposals
- Collaborate with marketing and technical personnel on communications/messaging, customer requirements and expectations, and market awareness
- Network with strategic partners and suppliers and participate in tradeshows and other events
- Work within and manage customer relationship management (CRM) software tools
- Provide forecasts and participate in business planning
- At least five (5) years of prior work experience and a bachelor of science degree
- Demonstrated experience in meeting and exceeding sales financial goals
- Proficiency in computer productivity software and web software tools
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Attention to detail
- Self-starter, able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Willing to travel to industry events and customer sites (up to 25%)
If you are qualified and interested, please email your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com today.
Barr Group is privately-held and offers competitive salaries and benefits as well as opportunities for personal and professional growth. Barr Group is committed to building a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, gender, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, religion, or marital status.