Barr Group's industrial controls practice group includes mechanical, electrical, and software engineers with many years of experience in the automation of complex processes.
The following project summaries reflect the range of capabilities of the group:
- A team from Barr Group integrated itself with an engineering team at a Japanese maker of heavy industrial equipment used in throughout the automotive production industry to assist in a massive engineering project involving design of a custom CNC machine.
- Experts from Barr Group performed a top-to-bottom system and software architecture review and redesign for a leading maker of silicon wafer manufacturing equipment.
- Working together with members of the computer security practice group, industrial control experts consulted with a major maker of PLCs for factory-automation to analyze the security of its system against attacks similar to Stuxnet.
- As a multi-disciplinary team, involving mechanical, electrical, and embedded software engineers, Barr Group designed a high-voltage "tap changer" that is now in use in delivery of high-voltage electricity throughout the world.
- Barr Group performed an outside code audit as well as related software development process consulting and training for a major manufacturer of garage door openers.