Barr Group is the world leader in training and consulting for embedded systems design. From medical devices to consumer electronics to toothbrushes, an increasing percentage of products have a computer and software embedded inside and an Internet connection to the outside world. Through its training and consulting services, Barr Group helps the engineers who design such products make them safer, more reliable, and more secure.
Our growing company is seeking a Senior Embedded Software Engineer. We are seeking a self-motivated individual with prior experience, a desire to learn, strong verbal and written communications skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced and always-changing environment.
- Architect sophisticated hard real-time, multi-tasking embedded software systems
- Design, develop, and debug embedded software, using C and other programmng languages
- Analyze customer software designs and provide guidance on best practices and improvements
- Develop solutions for safety-critical and secure software systems
- Work with sales engineers and customers to define customer requirements and prepare services proposals
- Develop training content, whitepapers, and other technical how-to resources
- At least eight (8) years of prior work experience and a bachelor of science degree
- Demonstrated experience in architecting and developing sophisticated embedded software systems
- Experience with security and safety-critical software
- Experience with real-time operating systems
- Experience with embedded software tools, including compilers/linkers and static/dynamic analyzers
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Attention to detail
- Self-starter, able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Willing to travel to industry events and customer sites (up to 20%)
If you are qualified and interested, please email your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org today.
Barr Group is privately-held and offers competitive salaries and benefits as well as opportunities for personal and professional growth. Barr Group is committed to building a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, gender, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, religion, or marital status.