Barr Group's Embedded Security Boot Camp® is a 4-day immersion into the unique challenges of building security into embedded devices. Through lectures and hands-on exercises, this intense, fun, and information-rich program will lead engineers through the steps of architecting and implementing secure embedded systems applications, including preventing electronics, firmware, and network attacks using only the processing power and memory of resource-constrained embedded devices. This course is best suited for experienced embedded systems design engineers. All exercises are done using an ST Microelectronics target development board.
Topics covered in this course include:
- How to perform threat modeling and assessment
- A set of software development processes to detect and prevent security bugs
- How to secure data at rest with encryption and authentication
- How to secure data in motion with a secure protocol and how to manage keys securely
- Best practice mechanical and electrical security design techniques
- Considerations for secure bootloaders and secure the firmware update
Attendees will receive a fully equipped development board kit with the hardware and resources necessary to develop a secure embedded system.
- STMicroelectronics ARM Cortex-M4 STM32F417IG Processor with Crypto Accelerator (external link)
- An electronic copy of all lecture slides
- An electronic Exercise Manual with instructions for all programming exercises,
- A USB thumb drive containing:
- Source code starting points for the exercises
- An electronic copy of the book Programming Embedded Systems with C and GNU Development Tools (link is external) by Michael Barr and Anthony Massa
- An electronic copy of the book Embedded C Coding Standard by Michael Barr
- An electronic copy of the book Embedded Systems Dictionary (link is external) by Jack Ganssle and Michael Barr
- Datasheets and User's Manuals for all of the hardware and tools
- A certificate of course completion
Attendees should be comfortable with writing code that interfaces with microcontroller hardware.
|Date(s)||Location||Regular Price||Early Registration Price||Register|
Mar 20 to Mar 23
Embedded Security Boot Camp
||Palo Alto, California, United States||$2,999.00||$2,499.00|
Find out More
Contact Us to find out more about this course or to enquire about an on-site training at your company.
All Barr Group Training Public and On-site courses may not be videotaped or photographed without consent from Barr Group's executive team.